WHO NEED BLOOD ?
Every 2 seconds someone needs blood. Your blood helps more than one life at a time.
Your donated blood is used
- For Cancer Patients
- For those undergoing surgery
- To provide clotting factors for people with bleeding disorders, including - -- haemophilia
- To provide antibody treatment for people with disorders of the immune system.
- To treat accident and burns victims
WHO CAN DONATE BLOOD ?
- Blood donor must be Healthy
- Blood donor must be at least 17 years old
- Weight of blood donor should not less than 46 kg
- Male donors can give blood every 12 weeks(approx. every 3 month)
- Female donors can give blood every 16 weeks(approx. every 4 month)
WHO SHOULD NOT DONATE BLOOD ?
- You've had hepatitis or jaundice in the last 12 months.
- Persons who have undergone surgery in the previous six months.
- Pregnant women
- You're currently taking antibiotics or you have just finished a course within the last seven days or have had any infection in that last two weeks.
- Persons with any systemic disease like heart disease, kidney disease, liver - --- problems, blood disorders or asthma should NOT donate blood.
- Persons suffering from infections transmitted through transfusions like HIV, -- Hepatitis, Syphilis etc should Not donate blood.
- Person who is addicted to drugs